A lot of the things we do on a daily basis, like cooking and cleaning, can go unnoticed. But if they don’t get done, life is noticeably not-so-smooth.
The same can be true when it comes to relationships. We may forget to do a lot of the things we need every day to have fulfilling connection with our loved ones. These unnoticed “Bottom Bar” things can make relationships go more smoothly when we do them. Below is a breakdown of using The Bottom Bar, created for the Lighter Every Day Journal.
Connective Loving using THE BOTTOM BAR – Week 1 to Week 3
At the bottom of the Week 1 to Week 3 pages, you’ll see “The Bottom Bar” (pictured above and at the bottom).
The Bottom Bar serves as a checklist for specific ways to connect with yourself and your loved ones throughout the week. Each time you do one of the following 7 things during the week, check off the box next to the specific way of connection. Feel free to add any of your own favorite ways to achieve any of the 7. Click on a link below to see more stories.
- Strength Rest. This is down-time for you. Let your body rest and release any tension you feel. Treat your feet to a rub. Laugh, play, have some fun. Take a walk in nature.
- Meal Move (Exercise). This is exercise and food to improve the mood. To get the check mark, you can either Eat or Exercise. Fix yourself a Nourishing Drink or Snack from the recipes section. Or do one of the Body Movement Exercises in this Journal. Go here for Meal Move (Food)
- Time Gift. Who will be delighted to spend time with you? Do an activity they like. Play a game. Call a friend. Have lunch.
- Word Affirm. Who can you compliment? Give a word of encouragement to? Send a heartfelt greeting card to?
- Touch Point. This is time to check in with yourself. Fill out the Touch Points for Emotional Awareness section.
- Free Write. This is time to freely express your thoughts and feelings. Use the eMotion Fitness Free Write section. You can also type on the computer or write on blank pages.
- Serve Someone. What can you do for someone this week? Help them with a project? Ask how they’re doing and listen? Cook dinner for them?
Don’t have a copy of the Journal? Get Lighter Every Day here.